Solar Victoria Home Rebate Program
Victorian Government provides rebates on Solar PV panels and Solar Battery systems to the Victorian residents. The Government provides a rebate of up to $1888 for solar panel (PV) system installation, for homeowners and rental properties. To further reduce installation costs, householders can apply for an interest-free loan, for an amount equivalent to their rebate amount $1888. The loan is required to be repaid over four years for $39.33 per month.
Typical households can save up to $890 per year on their electricity bills when they install solar panels.
The Government is also providing rebate of up to $4,838 for a solar battery system. These rebates will be available to people in designated suburbs who have already installed solar panels, but have not already accessed a solar rebate.
Eligibility for claiming Home Rebate
Victorian households are eligible to receive a rebate for installing a solar PV system if they meet the following criteria:
– They are the owner-occupier of the property
– The owners have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year (based on last year’s Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
– It is an existing property, valued at under $3 million
– They do not have an existing solar PV system*
The customers need the following paperwork for the rebate application:
– Council’s Rates Notice
– Australian Tax Office’s Notice of -Assessment (FY17-18/FY18-19) for whoever is on the Council’s Rates Notice
– Drivers License for one of the owner
– Passport for one of the owner